"Weh, che si dice?" Welcome to the site that can't stand that little bald "Dolce" nor his boyfriend "Gabbana", "Only In Italy!"
Well, they say that politics make strange bedfellows...and we don't even understand what that means.
Enjoy the issue, keep writing and Grazie!
Rome - September 14, 2010 - A close ally of Silvio Berlusconi has provoked a furious debate on sexism in politics after stating that women who want to be elected to Italy's parliament should use their bodies to get a head start in their careers.
Giorgio Stracquadanio, an Italian government MP, said it was "absolutely legitimate" for women to use their sex appeal and physical attributes in order to ensure success in their political careers.
"To develop a career, everyone uses what they have, even their bodies. It is absolutely legitimate. Everyone should use their body as they see fit. As long as there is consent, there is no violence and if there is no violence then there's no problem," Mr. Stracquadanio said.
Wow, the European Parliament just called. They just got word of this and they're all throwing up. They're all unconscious up there!
"Grazie Giorgio!" Thank you for your honesty. Now we know how your "faccia di culo" wound up in our Parliament.
With all the insults and slander hurled by our Italian politicians at every type of Italian authority in the last 15 years, one would think they could not get any lower. It's sort of like the Italian swimmer, Federica Pellegrini, who set the world record for the 400 meter freestyle at 4:01.53. How could anyone possibly go lower? "Figlio di puttana", along comes Stracquadanio and gets 4:01.51:
"To develop a career, everyone uses what they have, even their bodies..."
By the way, he should also be in the 'Guinness Book of World Records' for having the biggest pair of "coglioni" ever for being so brazen.
Rome - September 15, 2010 - Half of Italian women aged between 14 and 65 have suffered sexual harassment or sexual blackmail at work, national statistics bureau Istat said Wednesday.
The agency said its alarming study, conducted in collaboration with the Equal Opportunities Ministry, revealed that around 10.485 million women had experienced crimes of this nature at some time in their lives. Furthermore, the situation shows no signs of abating, with 3.864 million falling victim to them in the last three years alone.
It said the most widespread offences were verbal sexual abuse (26% of the total), followed by stalking (21.6%), flashing (20.4%) and physical abuse (19%).
Women aged 14 to 24 are most likely to suffer sexual abuse, Istat added, followed by the members of the 25-34 age range.
It said women were most at risk in big cities, where 64.9% have experienced harassment, and that rates were higher than average in north-western Italy, with Piedmont registering a rate of 58.9%.
"Porca vacca", as soon as the rest of men in Italy wake up from their comas and get a wind of what Giorgio Stracquadanio said (see previous article), the number will shoot up to 81.7%.
"The most widespread offences were":
- verbal sexual abuse (26% of the total) "Rosanna, we have a problem. Seriously, you're an attractive signora. I don't really mind the moustache but if you continue growing those pork chop sideburns, then itís time to put my foot down."
- followed by stalking (21.6%) "Hello polizia? My supervisor is stalking me again. Ok...Lorenzo has a face that is so ugly you get the nerve to shave it. His alcoholic breath can melt placenta and heís got one of those toupees thatís allergic to his head. Be careful for he's the type who will put his hair in his pocket in order to lose his trail."
- flashing (20.4%) "Uh, boss, the only thing that comes to my mind when I see you running around my office with your shirt half-buttoned is an advertisement for liquor...hard liquor!"
- and physical abuse (19%) "Federica, I'm sorry but your breasts are starting to sag and they could interfere with your work performance. Slam the window down on the tips! They'll tighten right up."
"Women aged 14 to 24 are most likely to suffer sexual abuse...followed by the members of the 25-34 age range." Unfortunately, for the members of 25-34 age range, time and gravity are the devil's tools.
"...rates were higher than average in north-western Italy, with Piedmont registering a rate of 58.9%." By the way, the rates for Southern Italy are around .002%. It's usually managers and supervisors most at risk when they encounter employee relatives, husbands and boyfriends. The offences are stalking (15%), physical abuse (35%) and disappearing (50%).
Rome - September 15, 2010 - Almost one in ten Italians have suffered some form of humiliation during their working lives, ISTAT said Wednesday in a survey for the Equal Opportunities Ministry.
ISTAT said some 2.63 million people, or more than 9% of the working population, had been the target of harassment or had been demoted or stripped of key tasks.
- No no, Fabrizio! "Che minchia fai?" Don't handle the leather jackets so roughly. We're not in Calabria and we're not skinning varmints!
- Weh, Giuseppe! For the last time I'm not giving you a raise. It's just pizza! "Cazzo", wake up! There is no future, no tomorrow! This is it! You're caught in the Twilight Zone! You know, why don't you put an ad in the classifieds if you're so resourceful? Here's your ad:
"Fat, spoiled, unqualified Italian."
- You have to go home early, Marta? "Mah, che roba!" Why? Your chicken needs a bath?
- "Porca di quella vacca", Marilena, there is no need to photocopy every damn document that circulates in your office. I don't need documented proof that you exist! Is it your dream to show up on Judgement Day with a huge pile of documents and state your case one sheet at a time?
- "Minchia", don't take it personally, Massimo. You have one of those hairpieces that I can use to wash my car. And a lot of your employees are thinking, "how can he run this department if he can't run his own head?"
What a newscast! Sexual harassment and humiliation at work, and a politician who favors women who use their bodies to get a head start in their careers...have a nice evening. CIAO!